Nitty Gritty Series: Drysdale Horse Tails
A Series of Techniques.
Here is a guide for materials:
- Drysdale Wool (three times more than you think you need)
- Permanent or Semi Hair-dyes in your chosen colours.
Tools you need:
- Size 36 spiral and 32.
- Felting foam (covered with calico).
- Comb or dog brush to separate top coat from undercoat.
- Chenille Darning needle Size 13 (or something similar) If you want to sew portions in.
- Scissors (I will be using some Fiskars scissors for cutting the sculpture and some small embroiderers scissors)
- Hot Water Bottle
- Vessel for Hot Water
- Liquid Soap
- Hair straightener
Hi I'm Reena,
My needle felting journey started when my sister gave me a needle. I was immediately addicted and became completely obsessed with this magical stabbing. I call it "Acupuncture for the Soul" as it's a mindful distraction from stress, anxiety and depression.
Nature inspires me. I love creating something from natural materials, especially when the fibre comes from my own flock. It’s a wonderful feeling to create something so tactile and emotionally charged and even better to see someone else achieve this. This is why I created a comprehensive course that takes a complete novice needle felter, through to an advanced level, with illusionary realism techniques with twelve adorable "Sleeping Aussie Babies".
Then there is the awesome "Fun Series" which walks everyone through the technique of creating a sturdy and charismatic toy. Each toy giving you a variation on the principle technique. Then there is the latest "Nitty Gritty Series" promising to address singular techniques and tasks, making it a very affordable solution to all of your questions about needle felting in my style.
I just love to share my experiences and encourage, inspire and empower you to find freedom through creation.
So let's start stabbing.